October’s a beautiful month in Maine. It is one of the many reasons I live here. The trees are the brilliant colors of the sunset of the year; there is easy access to apples which want desperately to be made into cider, pie, and sauce; and there is great planning and execution of Halloween costumes, taking into careful consideration the weather possibilities. There was more than one year as a kid I trick-or-treated in snow.
The smell of the air in October has some kind of magic, here, I think. In September you can smell the summer slipping through your fingers, but in October, the autumn is strong, and the smell of winter hasn’t quite crept in.
This month, I am inspired by the magic of October in Maine and am introducing to you Magic Points. Magic Points are easy ways to earn points for yourself and your team, even in months where you can’t complete a project. Here’s how it will work:
- Check this web site for information on how Magic Points will be earned this month. On the right, click on “From the GameMaster” – details will always be in posts in this category.
- You don’t need to complete any projects in a month to earn Magic Points. However, this does not count you as “active” in a month for your team’s participation bonus points.
- Unless specified otherwise, Magic Points can only be earned once per competitor.
- Ninjas can earn Magic Points, too!
- All competitors who have earned magic points in a round will be eligible for a prize. This will be determined by random number generation.
So, here’s how to get Magic Points in October:
Send a PM on Ravelry to MagicPoints. In the body of the PM include your team, and your favorite thing about the month of October. It doesn’t have to be long – even a single word is fine. Make sure you have both of these things in the PM! Without you will not earn your points! And, don’t send the PM to EyeAmElise – make sure it is to MagicPoints.
That’s it! Easy, right?! So, tell your teammates, tell your friends. Earn those points!